Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogging from IMCC2

Well, it's been several months since my last post - I apologize for the lack of activity around here, but that pesky Ph.D. keeps getting in the way. However, since I'm currently sitting in a workshop on scientific blogging, and one of the requirements is to do a blog post . . . here it is.

I'm (temporarily) back in my native hemisphere for the 2nd International Marine Conservation Congress in Victoria, B.C. I'll be presenting some preliminary results of my Ph.D. research, looking at spatial and temporal patterns of bleaching and disease on the Great Barrier Reef. Stay tuned, as I'll be updating this post with some excerpts from my presentation and perhaps some general discussion on the topic.

In the meantime, here's a video from the last IMCC in Washington, D.C.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment